Gluten-free cookies that use whatever types of nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, and/or dried fruit you might have on hand. Perfect for using the last little bits in your pantry!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup packed muscovado sugar (48 g)
- 3 tablespoons natural cane sugar (36 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour (185 g)
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips (pecans, walnuts, pepitas, hemp seeds, dried cranberries, coconut flakes)
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat together butter with sugars until sugar is blended and mixture is fluffy. Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, baking soda, then add the egg-continue to beat until everything is well incorporated. Finally, measure in the flour and mix until dough comes together and everything is well incorporated. Add in 1 cup of the chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit as desired.
- Measure dough into roughly 2 tablespoon balls. Flatten ball with the palm of your hand then sprinkle a few extra pieces of the chocolate chip mixture on top, pressing down into the cookie.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Bottoms of the cookies should be golden and the tops of the cookies should be set. Remove from oven and let cool, cookies will continue to set as they cool.
Tips & Tricks: I’ve found the best combination for these cookies is a mix of 1/2 chocolate chips, 1/4 cup pecans, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, and 1/4 cup dried coconut flakes.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 14.8
- Sodium: 104
- Fat: 11.1
- Carbohydrates: 28.1
- Fiber: 1.3
- Protein: 2.9
- Cholesterol: 32.2