A fruit salad that’s perfect for highlighting seasonal plums and fresh arugula. Precook the Kamut for faster assembly!
- 4 cups arugula (loosely packed)
- 3 to 4 just-ripe plums
- 1 1/2 cups cooked kamut
- 1 ounce goat cheese (crumbled)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (see note)
- Wash and lightly dry arugula. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Slice plums in half and remove pit. With flat side of fruit on the cutting board, cut into thin, half moon slices. Add to the arugula in the bowl. Add cooked kamut and crumbled goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Whisk together vigorously. Pour over the salad and toss until everything is well coated.
Tips & Tricks: Start with a small amount of chili paste. But, if you like a lot of heat, feel free to use 2 to 3 teaspoons. In addition, use a mild olive oil to bring out the crisp flavors of this salad. Then, finish the salad with fresh cracked pepper and a pinch of coarse sea salt. The salt especially brings out the sweetness in the plums.
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 460
- Sugar: 18.1
- Sodium: 87.4
- Fat: 25
- Carbohydrates: 52.7
- Fiber: 8.1
- Protein: 12
- Cholesterol: 6.5