- 2 clove garlic
- 1 roasted red bell pepper*
- 1 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from one lime
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices wheat sourdough bread
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 3 ounces Taleggio Cheese
- In a blender or food processor, pulse garlic until minced. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until harissa is well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Preheat grill pan or regular pan over medium-low heat. Brush outsides of bread with olive oil. Place on piece of bread, olive oil side down, in the grill pan and smear on 2 tablespoons of harissa. Layer with sliced avocado and cheese. Smear 1-2 more tablespoon of harissa on remaining piece of bread and place olive oil side up.
- Cook on each side until crisp and cheese has melted.
*To roast a bell pepper, stick under a broiler, rotating occasionally until pepper is soft and charred.