- 1 tablespoon (7 ml) olive oil
- 3 cups quartered Brussels sprouts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked millet (see note)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until Brussels sprouts are browning. Add in garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Stir in the millet followed by soy sauce and vinegar, and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Create a well in the center and crack the eggs. Let them set most of the way, 3 to 4 minutes, before stirring them into the millet mixture. Stir in the sesame seeds and serve.
+ to get about 2 cups cooked millet, combine 3/4 cup millet with 1 1/2 cups of water or vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for roughly 15 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let site for another 5 to 10 minutes until done.