- 1/2 cup uncooked freekeh
- 1 ear sweet corn
- 1/4 white onion
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 to 4 handfuls baby arugula (see note)
- 1/3 cup almond slices
- 1 ounce feta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (or regular balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- In a small pot, bring 1 1/4 cup of water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Add the freekeh, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for about 20 minutes. Nearly all the water should be absorbed. Turn off heat and let sit while preparing the salad.
- Light grill or heat grill pan over medium-low heat. Remove husk and silk from the corn and cut onion into thin slices. Brush both with olive oil and grill until both are lightly charring. Remove from heat, dice onion, and remove kernels from corn cob.
- Toss cooked freekeh with arugula, diced onion, corn kernels, almond slices, and feta.
- To make dressing, combine ingredients in a blender and puree. Add more olive oil if dressing is too thick for your liking.
While I love arugula in this salad, the peppery taste may be too overwhelming for some. Try using other greens with a more low-key flavor profile, like spinach.