This peanut salad is a wonderful way to use up fresh summer cucumbers in a slightly non-traditional salad.
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/3 cup raw peanuts
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ½ pound cucumber (s)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the oil followed by the peanuts and toast until warm and starting to toast, 1 to 2 minutes. Be sure to shake the pan often. Add in the minced garlic and cook for a minute more. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cut the cucumbers into bite-sized circles or half-moons. Add to a bowl along with the peppers, cilantro, parsley, and spinach. Add in the slightly cooled peanuts.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing, pour over the salad, and toss until well combined. Serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks: If desired, you could turn this into a cucumber-only salad and leave out the spinach.
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 9.7
- Sodium: 329.5
- Fat: 28.1
- Carbohydrates: 17.2
- Fiber: 4.2
- Protein: 8.5
- Cholesterol: 0