I love gorgonzola because it melts so easily and creates a wonderfully creamy texture. Other soft cheeses would work as well if you do not like gorgonzola.
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 425˚. Chop cauliflower into bite-size florets, toss with olive oil, and roast, stirring occasionally, until browning and tender, 25-35 minutes.
- Place rice in a pot and cover with water, as if boiling pasta. Bring rice to a boil and continue to cook until tender, 35-45 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Add lemon, honey, and cheese to pot. Cover and let sit for 1-2 minutes. Remove cover and stir until cheese has melted into the rice and become creamy. Add in cauliflower and stir again to combine.