- 2 cups (210 g) gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (85 g) almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup (15 g) puffed brown rice
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup (33 g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (35 g) sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1 rhubarb stalk, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 vanilla bean pod, scraped (or ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- 1 cup (250 g) coconut yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined. In a small bowl, whisk together the syrup and oil, and then fold into the dry mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Mix for 2 to 3 minutes, until the granola is wet and clumpy.
- Transfer the granola to the prepared baking sheet and use the back of your spoon or spatula to spread it out in an even layer.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, rotating halfway through, until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove from the oven; let cool completely. Gently break up the granola into clumps and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- To make the stewed rhubarb, heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat; add the rhubarb, syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla bean, and stir. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until bubbling and the rhubarb is tender and loses a bit of its color. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Divide the yogurt among four bowls, add a ó cup of granola to each bowl (there will be 1 cup granola left over), and then divide the stewed rhubarb among the bowls.
Recipe from Chickpea Flour Does It All: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian Recipes for Every Taste and Season ©Lindsey S. Love, 2016. Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Experiment. Available wherever books are sold. theexperimentpublishing.com