- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced poblano pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato, shredded (see note)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Juice from one lime
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2-3 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- In an 8″ cast iron skillet or heavy bottom skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and peppers,cooking for 5-6 minutes. Stir in shredded sweet potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder, juice from 1 lime, and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and let cook for 4-5 minutes, just until sweet potatoes are becoming soft.
- Stir in the cooked brown rice and cilantro. Make a well in the center of the pan and crack both the eggs in. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and let cook until egg whites are set and yolk is done to desired firmness, 7-12 minutes.
- Serve with wedges of avocado, a sprinkle of cotija cheese, cilantro, and a bit of extra lime juice
I chose not to peel my sweet potato as I like the skin. However, feel free to peel before shredding if desired.