- 1 pound medium parsnips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1–2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea Salt
- Greek Yogurt, for serving
- Cilantro or parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- Trim the top and bottom off the parsnip and peel the outer layer to discard. Using the same vegetable peeler, peel long strips from the parsnip (don’t worry if they aren’t the same length.) Continue until you reach the core of the parsnip and set aside for later use in a soup (or discard.)
- Place the parsnip strips in a bowl and drizzle with melted coconut oil. Working in two to three batches, spread some of the parsnips onto a baking sheet in a thin layer. It’s okay to overlap slightly. Sprinkle with chipotle and garlic powder.
- Bake for 12 minutes, check for doneness, and continue to keep your eye on them. They should be golden and starting to crisp. If some pieces are crisping before the others, remove and return the remaining parsnip strips to the oven. Sprinkle with salt before serving.
Recipe barely adapted from Yummy Suppers by Erin Scott.