A quick and filling vegetarian taco, roasted fingerling potatoes and pinto beans are tossed in a fresh, homemade chimichurri sauce. Gluten-free and easily vegan by omitting the cheese.
- 1/2 pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup pinto beans (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 6 6″ or 8” corn tortillas
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup finely minced parsley
- 1/4 cup finely minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup COR Arbequina Olive Oil
- 1 small shallot (finely minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh oregano
- Heat oven to 400˚F. Cut the fingerling potatoes into ¼” thick slices. Toss with olive oil and spread into a single layer on a sheet tray covered with parchment paper. Roast until tender and browning, 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, combine ingredients for chimichurri sauce in a small bowl. Whisk together until well combined.
- Once potatoes are done, combine with pinto beans and ¼ cup or so of the chimichurri. Stir until the beans and potatoes are well coated with the sauce.
- Heat the tortillas in a damp tea towel in the oven or over an open flame on a gas stove. Assemble the tacos with a layer of spinach, a few spoonfuls of the bean mixture, a tablespoon of crumble cheese, and extra chimichurri as desired.
Tips & Tricks: Don’t want to mince all those ingredients for the chimichurri? You could combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender instead.
Stock up: get the pantry ingredients you will need: corn tortillas, pinto beans, potatoes
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 686
- Sugar: 3.7
- Sodium: 790.9
- Fat: 30.9
- Carbohydrates: 80.9
- Protein: 24.4
- Cholesterol: 24.7