- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise (see note)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1, 15 ounce canned drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and pepper. Add in the celery, red onion, and raisins.
- Roughly chop the chickpeas and add into the bowl with the other ingredients. Stir in the parsley and chives then taste and adjust the level of salt and pepper if desired. Let chill for 30 minutes or more before serving.
*Sara recommends using veganaise for a good vegan substitute. M loves mayo, so that just happens to be what we always have on hand.
*This recipe is straight from Bowl + Spoon– can’t adapt something that is so simple and taste so great!