- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons low-sodium Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4–5 carrots
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 cups shredded napa and purple cabbage
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 to 5 rice papers
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- In a small skillet, add sesame seeds and lightly toast for 4-5 minutes. Combine toasted sesame seeds with honey, olive oil, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Slice carrots and green onions into 2 inch long, 1/4″ thick pieces. Toss with tamari mixture and place in a baking dish. Roast carrots for 30-45 minutes until carrots are soft and browned.
- In a small bowl, toss the cabbage with rice vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Set up your spring roll rolling station with the warm/hot water, roasted carrots, cabbage mixture, and a place to roll/cut each spring roll.
- Soak the rice paper for 10-15 seconds (you don’t want it too soft when taking it out of the water, it will soften as you add filling.) Place rice paper on a cutting board and load with greens/rice noodles and carrots. Roll, tuck, and fold in sides as you go. Continue with remaining ingredients.
- Once done slice in half and serve with a little bowl of tamari.