- 2 bunches (12 to 14) French Breakfast Radishes
- 2 tablespoons good unsalted butter
- 6 scallions, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 pieces of bread, toasted
- Prep the radishes by removing tops and roots. Slice in half lengthwise and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat butter over medium low heat. Add in scallions and let cook until beginning to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add the radishes, thyme, and salt to the scallions. Cover and let cook, stirring once or twice, until radishes are tender but still have a bit of crispness to them, 5-6 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- While radishes cook, poach eggs. I find I have the best luck with this technique. If you don’t like runny eggs, this would also be great with scrambled or hardboiled.
- To serve, place toast on two plates, divide radish mixture, and top each with a poached egg.