An easy weeknight butternut squash pasta featuring savory roasted squash with butter, parmesan, walnuts, and rosemary.
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (1/4″ or 1/2″ cubes)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced rosemary
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 3 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese (see note)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 425˚F. Combine the squash, onion, and rosemary in a roasting pan. Toss and coat with the olive oil. Roast until the squash is tender and starting to brown, 25 to 35 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking.
- Cook pasta according to package, drain, and set aside. Heat a pot or skillet, large enough to hold pasta and squash, over medium heat. Add the walnuts to the try skillet and lightly toast, 2 minutes or so. Add in the butter to melt.
- Once butter is melted, stir in the pasta, squash, and parmesan cheese. Toss until everything is well combined. Taste and add salt/pepper as desired. Divide into two bowls and top with a extra sprinkle of cheese.
Tips & Tricks: Look for parmesan cheese that is made with vegetable or microbial rennet- this ensures the parmesan is vegetarian.
This recipe was first published on October 11th, 2010. See the original recipe.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 554
- Sugar: 4.6
- Sodium: 272.4
- Fat: 28.7
- Carbohydrates: 63.6
- Fiber: 4.1
- Protein: 18.5
- Cholesterol: 43.3