- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup franks red hot
- 1–2 tablespoons butter (no necessary but reduces heat.)
- Topping options: Bleu Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, and/or Ranch
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Wash potatoes, poke a few times with a fork, and cook until tender, 30 to 45 minutes (depending on how large your potato is).
- Once the potato is about done, heat a skillet over medium. Add olive oil, followed by onion.. Cook until onion is translucent. Add in chickpeas and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the hot sauce (and butter if you don’t like it spicy.) Continue to heat and stir for 1 to2 more minutes.
- Slice potato in half and mash the insides slightly. Top with chickpea mixture and cheese. Serve with ranch or blue cheese.