While this is the standard recipe, I’ve also been known to cook shallots or garlic with the brussels sprouts and sprinkle the dish with a bit of goat cheese before serving!
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 cups quartered Brussels sprouts
- 2 large eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat an 8″ skillet over medium-low heat. Melt the butter then add the quartered Brussels sprouts. Stirring occasionally, cook the Brussels sprouts until just tender and browning, 6 to 8 minutes. Create space for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet, cover, reduce heat to low and let cook until the egg whites are set and yolks have reached your desired consistency (roughly 10 to 12 minutes for over easy and upwards of 15 minutes for cooked yolks).
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and serve