- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 slices whole grain baguette
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 to 5 ounces goat cheese
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Pinch Salt and Pepper
- Mint, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425˚. Combine blackberries with honey and lemon zest. Roast berries until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven, lightly smash/break apart and let cool slightly.
- Slice the pieces of bread in half, on the diagonal, and spread a small bit of butter on top. Place in oven and let toast until golden and crisp.
- In a small bowl, whip together goat cheese, honey, salt and pepper.
- Smear pieces of bread with a smear of goat cheese, a spoonful of blackberries, and finish with a leaf of mint.