- 6 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 5 to 6 thick asparagus stalks
- 6 scallions, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffonaded
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (see note)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Cook pasta according to package or make your own. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add in scallions and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in asparagus, cover, and continue to cook, stirring frequently until asparagus is tender, 4 or so minutes.
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, zest, and salt. When asparagus and pasta is done, combine in a large bowl while still hot. Add in the olive oil mixture, basil, and parmesan. Toss until the pasta is well coated. Serve with an extra sprinkle of parmesan, drizzle of olive oil, and basil.