A spring breakfast at it’s easiest, this asparagus and eggs dish comes together in less than 20 minutes and can be doubled or tripled to feed more people.
- 5 to 6 stalks asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup goat or blue cheese (optional)
- Pepper, for topping
- Prepare the asparagus by cutting off roughly 1 inch of the bottoms of the spears.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Then add the olive oil, followed by the asparagus and salt. Shake skillet to coat asparagus and cook until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spread asparagus out and crack eggs over the asparagus. Sprinkle cheese over asparagus and eggs. Reduce heat to low and cover. Let cook until egg whites are firm and yolk is done to desired consistency, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve with freshly cracked pepper.
Tips & Tricks: Since the asparagus continues to cook with the eggs, you could slightly undercook the vegetables before adding eggs if you prefer a crisper asparagus.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: .9
- Sodium: 1110
- Fat: 23.7
- Carbohydrates: 2.3
- Fiber: .4
- Protein: 20.2
- Cholesterol: 397