- 1/2 cup yellow split peas
- 3–4 handfuls lettuce
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Sort through and rinse split peas. Add to a pot with water and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and then let cook for 30-45 minutes. Split peas should be tender but still hold their shape.
- Once done, drain and let cool slightly.
- In a jar with a lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, and mustard. Shake until combined.
- Toss split peas, lettuce, pecans, and goat cheese with a drizzle of dressing.
*I usually make a big batch of dressing and use it throughout the week. I’ll double and triple everything except the honey- which I usually add to taste for a hint of sweetness.