- 2 to 2½ cups quartered strawberries
- 3 tablespoons ground roasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus extra for topping
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- In a bowl, toss together quartered strawberries, pistachios, maple syrup, lemon juice, and cardamom. Let sit while making pancakes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Give a good stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, oil, and milk. Stir in to pancake batter, just until combined. Add more milk if needed to thin batter.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot (if you flick water onto the skillet, it should sizzle), take about ¼ cup of batter and pour onto skillet. Let cook for 1-2 minutes (until the pancakes begins to bubble slightly. Flip and let cook for another 1-2 minutes until pancake is cooked through.
- Serve with a bit of butter, a few spoonfuls of strawberries, and extra maple syrup if desired.
*If you can’t find whole wheat pastry flour, using unbleached all-purpose instead. For an extra crunch to your pancakes, grind pistachios into a meal and sub in ¼ cup pistachio meal for ¼ cup of the flour.