- 1/2 cup spring red onion
- 1 cup asparagus
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 8 ounce pasta
- Alfredo sauce:
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Prepare pasta as you normally would.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and saute until onions are soft. Add wine and deglaze the pan (this will remove any onions that cooked to the pan.) Toss in the asparagus and continue to cook until asparagus is cooked through but still has a slight crunch. Finally, add in the grape tomatoes and cook for another 1-2 minutes until tomatoes are cooked through (I didn’t want the tomato to burst.) Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet over medium-low heat (or a separate sauce pan,) add butter and cream cheese. Let butter begin to melt add in the garlic. Once garlic is partially cooked (1-2 minutes.) Add in milk and whisk into butter/cream cheese until smooth. Continue to cook until mixture thickens slightly. Once slightly thickened, combine cheese and mix in with sauce. Continue to whisk until sauce has thicken to a creamy consistency. If too thick- add a little milk. Right before serving, stir in basil and taste for salt and pepper (adjust accordingly to your own taste.)
- Drain noodles and combine with vegetables and sauce.
You can sub any veggies you want, I just used fresh spring ones!