- ½ cup butternut squash puree (see note)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Chili paste, to taste
- 6 ounces udon, soba, or brown rice noodles
- 1 to 2 cups shredded fresh baby spinach
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Scallions, for serving
- Chili sauce, for serving
- In a blender, puree the ingredients for the sauce. Taste and add salt/chili paste as desired. Start with a pinch of salt and a 1/4 teaspoon of chili paste and add from there, set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook noodles according to package. Drain, toss with spinach, and once spinach has started to wilt, rinse under cool water until noodles are warm but not hot.
- Toss noodles with sauce, divide into two bowls, and top with desired toppings.
+ To roast butternut squash, preheat oven to 400˚, cut in half length-wise, and place cut-side down in a roasting pan. Add 1/4″ of water and bake until squash is tender, 25 to 45 minutes depending on how large the squash is.