- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup green garlic (Sub 1/4 c green onions and 1 clove of garlic)
- 5–6 stalks swiss chard
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (optional)
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add in the green garlic (see substitution if you can’t find green garlic.)
- Stir in garbanzo beans and let cook until they begin to brown slightly (4-5 minutes.) From there stir in swiss chard (de-stemmed), thyme, and remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Let chard cook saute until it cooks down.
- Remove from heat and toss with brown rice and feta. This would also make for a great dish without the brown rice or mixed with any other type of grain.