1 pound sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 large Bosc Pear
1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
4 ounces pappardelle (or really any kind of pasta you like)
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
¼ grated veg-friendly parmesan
Zest from one lemon
- Heat your oven to 425˚F. Peel and cut the sweet potato into ¼” cubes. Place on a sheet tray covered with parchment and toss with olive oil and salt. Roast for 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft but barely browning.
- While the sweet potatoes are initially roasting, peel and cube the pear. Pull the sweet potatoes from the oven after 20 minutes and add the pears/minced rosemary. Return the tray to the oven and roast for another 10 minutes. Pears should be hot and the sweet potatoes should be browning.
- While the sweet potatoes and pears are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender. Remove about a cup of pasta water and set aside. Drain the noodles and return to the pot. Add in the mascarpone cheese, parmesan, and lemon zest.
- Toss until the mascarpone has warmed and coated the noodles, adding splashes of pasta water as needed to help thin the sauce. As the pasta cool, it will absorb the sauce so if you plan to let this sit for any time, thin it a little extra. Stir in ¾ of the roasted sweet potatoes and pears.
- Taste and add salt/pepper as desired. If you have any toasted walnuts around, you could add those as well. Divide into bowls and top with the remaining ¼ of sweet potatoes and extra rosemary, if desired.
Keywords: Pear Pasta