I’m back- movin’ and shakin’.
I have become enamored with hemp. If you aren’t familiar with hemp, I suggest you type it into google and read a bit about the health benefits and nutrition (there are too many articles to try and post them all.) I have to be honest though in saying the taste addition of hemp is one of the main factors of why I use it so much.
This all started a couple years ago when I started buying hemp granola. From there I moved onto using hemp seeds in scones, cookies, and finally I made my own granola. Hemp adds this slightly nutty flavor that I find absolutely delicious. (I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I always include hemp seeds in!)
This granola is simple and delicious. You can use any additions you would normally use (I happen to have a current love affair with dried strawberries.)Print
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 300˚.
- In a large bowl combine the first two ingredients and give a quick toss to combine. In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour wet mixture over oat mixture and stir so that every piece is coated.
- On a parchment covered tray, spread mixture so that it is a think layer. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes so that the edges do not burn. Once done, let cool for 15 minutes. Pour granola into a bowl and toss with dried strawberries.