Just incase you didn’t get enough inspiration from yesterday’s bean extravaganza post, I wanted to give you one more recipe to add to your ever growing recipe list: these tacos. I posted on twitter shortly after making these tacos that I firmly believed if I ever started a new blog, I’d label “I love tacos.” These in particular pack a rather lovely spicy and garlicky punch. But with that being said, yes, these tacos are spicy: eat with care!
Sriracha Marinated Butternut Squash and Black Bean Tacos
- 2 cups 1/4" cubed and peeled butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons sriracha*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup black beans, (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese
- 4-6 tortillas
- Whisk together sriracha, honey, and vinegar. In a shallow pan, toss butternut squash with sriracha mixture, cover, and let sit for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Place pan of butternut squash in oven and let roast until tender and lightly browning, 25-35 minutes. Stirring halfway through.
- In a bowl, toss together black beans, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Once butternut squash is done, turn off oven. Wrap tortillas in a damp towel and place in the oven and heat until warm and pliable.
- To serve layer black beans, butternut squash, and goat cheese on the warm tortilla. Sprinkle with extra cilantro if desired.
by Erin Alderson