- 4 rice papers
- 2 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4-6 large asparagus stalks
- 2-3 garlic scapes
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- With a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, shave the zucchini, asparagus, and garlic scapes. I find when using a veggie peeler, it is easiest to place the veggie against a cutting board and peel away from your body.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in vegetables and let cook, stirring frequently. Once vegetables are tender, remove from heat and toss with dressing. Let cool to room temperature.
- Once veggies cool, cook rice noodles according to package. Drain and set up a spring roll station with noodles, vegetables, rice papers, and a water dish to soak the rice paper.
- Soak the rice paper for 30-60 seconds. Place rice paper on a cutting board and load with rice noodles and veggies. Roll, tuck, and fold in sides as you go. Continue with remaining ingredients.
- Once done slice in half and serve with a little bowl of soy sauce.
I also wrapped my veggies/noodles in a bok choy leaf before rolling everything in the rice paper. I am putting this as a note because I’m sure not everyone would want to buy a large head of bok choy and only use a few leafs!