- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- pinch salt
- a couple handfuls of spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- Combine whole wheat flour and salt on a clean surface. Make a well, add egg and water. Using a fork, whisk egg and slowly begin to incorporate flour.
- Continue to incorporate flour and a paste will soon form. Continue to mix (eventually ditching the fork for your hands) and knead dough into a smooth ball.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to as thin as you can still handle. Using a knife or a pizza cutter (classy, I know), cut strips of pasta. You can also use a pasta roller/maker (which makes this easier.)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Toss pasta in and let cook for 3-4 minutes, pasta should rise to the top.
- Melt butter in sauce pan. Add in garlic and rosemary, cooking until garlic is fragrant. Toss with freshly cooked pasta and spinach. Let cook for a minute or two until spinach just begins to wilt. Serve with a bit of grated parmesan cheese.