- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4lbs roma tomatoes
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- Heat pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add in shallot and cook until translucent, 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger, cooking for 1-2 more minutes.
- Next, add in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Let cook until tomatoes have reduced down slightly and flavors come together, 30-45 minutes.
- Serve on grilled cheese sandwiches, eggs, or anything else you can smear this delicious sauce on.
*this recipe makes around 2 pints. If you don’t think you can eat it all I recommend freezing or sharing!
* I did canned a modified version of this recipe but am not sure how it will hold, so I’m sharing just the recipe-not the canning.