- 1- 1 1/4 cup einkorn flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- Extra Filling
- Sour Cream/Plain Greek Yogurt
- Black Beans
- Combine 1 cup einkorn flour, olive oil, water, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Stir until dough comes together and let rest for 10 minutes. If after 10 minutes dough is still sticky, add 2-4 tablespoons of einkorn flour. Dough for tortillas should be soft but not stick to your hands.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. On an einkorn-floured surface, roll each ball into a thin 8-10” circle. Heat a large (large enough to cook the tortilla) skillet over medium low heat. Add tortillas to skillet and cook until tortillas puffs slightly and is forming light brown blisters. Flip and cook for another 30-60 seconds. Remove from skillet and wrap in a damp cloth. Continue with remaining tortillas.
- While making tortillas, preheat oven to 375˚. Cut zucchini and red pepper into 1/2” thick by 2” long strips. Cut onion into slices and combine with zucchini and pepper along with olive oil and spices. Toss until vegetables are well coated. Roast for 15-20 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Once zucchini and tortillas are done, assemble. Lay the tortillas flat and layer lettuce, brown rice, zucchini mixture, and any other choice of filling. Roll and serve.
Left over tortillas can be frozen. To reheat, wrap in a damp towel and stick in a 200˚ oven until warm.