Sweet Potato Wedges from A Couple Cooks’ Pretty Simple Cooking.
For the Potatoes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/2 pounds small to medium sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil oil
For the Chive Cream
1 small handful chives
1 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
- Roast the potatoes: in a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, oregano, allspice, and kosher salt.
- Wash the sweet potatoes, keeping the skins on. Slice each potato in half crosswise and then half again lengthwise. Place each piece cut-side down and slice it into 3 wedges, for a total of 12 wedges per potato. In a large bowl, mix the potatoes with the spice mix and olive oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and spread the potatoes on the sheet in a single layer. Roast the potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, until tender and starting to become crisp and browned (no need to stir).
- Make the chive cream: thinly slice the chives and mix them with the sour cream and kosher salt. Taste and add additional salt if desired.
- Serve the wedges warm from the oven, along with the chive cream.
Tips + Tricks: They recommend using cashew cream for keeping this vegan (in place of the sour cream). I also only had yogurt on hand and used it strained in place of the sour cream.
Link: Excerpted from A Couple Cooks | Pretty Simple Cooking: 100 Delicious Vegetarian Recipes to Make You Fall in Love with Real Food by Sonja Overhiser and Alex Overhiser. Copyright © 2018. Available from Da Capo Lifelong Books, an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.