- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4″ slices
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice from half a lime
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2-3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Cut the onion and peppers into small chopped pieces. Toss the onion and pepper with the sweet potato, olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and sea salt until everything is well coated. Spread vegetables in a single layer on a large baking tray. Roast until tender and lightly charring, 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully toss roasted vegetables with lime juice and cilantro.
- Preheat grill or skillet over medium-low. Brush each tortilla with olive oil and place one tortilla in the skillet. Cook for 30 seconds and flip then layer with the cheese, sweet potatoes, peppers, and onions. Top with other tortilla. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until each side is crispy and cheese is melted.