- For the Waffles
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Peaches
- 3 ripe yellow peaches
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or maple syrup*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat waffle iron and turn your oven on to 200˚.
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients for the waffles. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour 1/4 of the batter into the iron and cook according to the instructions of your waffle iron. Remove and place done waffles on a baking tray. Continue to with remaining batter. Place done waffles in the pre-heated oven until ready to serve.
- To make peach sauce, cut peaches into 1/4″ slices. Combine sliced peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large skillet or sauce pan. Heat over medium-low heat until sugar has dissolved and peaches are soft/beginning to break into pieces.
- To serve, smother waffles in peach sauce, butter, and a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
*I have a weakness for brown sugar and peaches together. Most of the time I use sucanat but I happen to have brown sugar leftover from a project. These peaches are just as good with using sucanat or maples syrup.