Posted by https://naturallyella.com/soba-noodle-salad/
© 2017 Naturally Ella. All rights reserved.
Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Cabbage and Kohlrabi
A light and refreshing summer soba noodle salad that uses raw cabbage and kohlrabi tossed with sesame oil and plenty of fresh ginger.
- 1/2 pound red and Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 pound kohlrabi, about 1 medium one
- 2 scallions, about 1/4 cup sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- Salt, if needed
- Shred cabbage, removing the core as needed. Peel the outside of the kohlrabi and cut into thin, matchstick-sized cuts. Finally, prep the scallions by cutting, about ⅛” thick, on the bias. Add everything to a bowl and set aside.
- In a small jar with lid, combine the sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, and sesame seeds. Shake vigorously until combined. Pour over the cabbage and massage in the dressing. Let sit while you cook the noodles.
- Cook the noodles according to the package. Drain, rinse, and toss with a teaspoon or so of sesame oil. Add to the bowl with cabbage and toss until everything is well combined. Taste and add salt as needed. Top with extra scallions, sesame seeds, and cilantro as desired.
Tips & Tricks:
You can use a vegetable peeler or sharp knife to peel the outside of the kohlrabi.
This salad sits well as the cabbage and kohlrabi don’t lose their crunch. I like to make this salad a few hours ahead of time to let the flavors blend.
Stock up: get the pantry ingredients you will need: cabbage, soba noodles, sesame seeds
Nutrition: see the information.
Loading nutrition data...