It’s hard to believe that three months have flown by since I moved California. I’ve been soaking up the sun and exploring my new town. When Blue Diamond Almonds contacted me about showcasing some of my favorite spots around Sacramento, I jumped on board. There are so many great places in and around Sacramento (and I’m discovering more every day!)
First is the first place I saw when I came to Sacramento. M actually works as a software engineer for a company that has offices in Old Sacramento (strange, but it’s kind of cool!) Sometimes, when M has a project he wants to work late on, I’ll whip up a meal and take down for quick bite to eat along the river. It’s always nice to spend time with him, especially with the gorgeous weather and sun.
This is my go-to salad. Yes, it’s simple but this is the salad we eat most nights. Veggies, grains, a bit of dried fruit, nuts, cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil and vinegar. I’ll mix the salad up based on what we have hanging around- sometimes quinoa or millet instead of brown rice, grilling the vegetables, or changing out the cheese with goat or blue cheese. You really can’t go wrong!Print
- 3–4 handfuls lettuce
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooled
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 2 ounces feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Toss all ingredients besides olive oil and vinegar together in a large bowl. Shake together olive oil and vinegar. Pour over salad and toss until salad ingredients are coated.