- ¼ medium yellow onion
- ½ pound Brussels Sprouts
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked Einkorn Berries*
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard**
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a food processor equipped with the slicing blade, run the Brussels sprouts and onion through to shave. In a skillet with a lid, heat the ½ tablespoon of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add shaved Brussels Sprouts and onions, cooking for 1 minute. Add in 2-3 tablespoons water, cover, and let cook until Brussels sprouts are tender, 6-8 minutes. Remove lid, stir, and continue to cook until any liquid is gone, 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss together brussels sprouts, einkorn, and sesame seeds. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss until well combined.
*Sorghum or millet would also be lovely if wanting to make this gluten-free
**I don’t like an overpowering mustard taste however, more mustard can be used. Taste and adjust as needed.