This recipe is loose and I can never really predict how many spring rolls it’s going to make, so just have a few extra on hand.
- 1/2 head green cabbage, approximately 4-5 cups shredded
- 6–8 carrots
- 1 bunch green onions
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 10–12 rice paper wrappers
- Using a veggie peeler, shave carrots into fine strips. Dice green onions halfway through the green part and chop cilantro. In a large bowl combine the carrot strips, green onions, and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice over everything and toss until everything is coated and mixed together.
- Set up a rolling station with shredded cabbage, carrots, rice papers, a dish of hot water larger enough to hold the spring rolls, and a cutting board.
- Soak the rice paper for 10-15 seconds (you don’t want it too soft when taking it out of the water but pliable enough to roll.) Place rice paper on a cutting board and load with cabbage and carrot mixture. Roll, tuck, and fold in sides as you go. Continue with remaining ingredients.
- Once done slice in half and serve. These are great on their own or dunked in a peanut sauce..