An easy green bean breakfast featuring sesame green beans paired with quinoa and a fried egg.
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 fried eggs
- Rinse, dry, and trim the ends from the green beans. Heat a medium skillet with a lid over medium-low heat. Add the oil followed by the green beans. Cover and cook until the green beans have brightened in color and are just starting to become tender; 3 to 5 minutes depending on heat.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook for another couple minutes; until the green beans are browning and tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients in, cook for another minute or so then remove from heat.
- Divide the quinoa onto two plates then top with green beans and fried eggs.
Tips & Tricks: The green beans make for a solid component. Make a large batch on the weekend and use for salads, spring rolls, and wraps throughout the week.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 4.7
- Sodium: 529
- Fat: 15.3
- Saturated Fat: 2.5
- Carbohydrates: 28.7
- Fiber: 5.9
- Protein: 12.1
- Cholesterol: 28.7