A perfect combination of fresh salad and roasted vegetables with an easy miso-lemon dressing. Make an extra batch of the dressing to use on salads throughout the week!
- 4 medium carrots (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 recipe sesame roasted almonds
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach (3 ounces)
- 1/2 tablespoon brown rice miso
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice carrots on the bias, about 1/4 inch thick. Toss carrots with sesame oil and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes until carrots are tender and slightly caramelized. Set aside and let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso, lemon juice, sesame oil, and honey.
- Combine spinach, carrots, red onions and almonds in a large bowl. Toss with dressing until well coated and serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks: Slicing the carrots thinly allows them to cook more quickly.
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 446
- Sugar: 15.3
- Sodium: 486
- Fat: 33.7
- Carbohydrates: 32.4
- Protein: 10.7
- Cholesterol: 0