Posted by https://naturallyella.com/salad-butter-hazelnut-dressing/
© 2018 Naturally Ella. All rights reserved.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Butter-Hazelnut Dressing
An easy salad with a delicious dressing made from toasting hazelnuts in butter and adding lemon juice and maple syrup.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup crushed raw hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 3 to 4 cups torn butter lettuce (see note)
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Cut the sweet potato into ½” cubes and place on a sheet tray along with the olive oil, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt. Toss to combine then place in the oven and roasted for 30 to 40 minutes. The sweet potatoes should be tender and browning. Let cool before adding to the salad.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, melt the butter in a small pan. Add the crushed hazelnuts and cook for 2 or so minutes, until the hazelnuts are toasted and fragrant. Remove the pan from the heat and add in the lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt. Swirl to combine and let cool slightly.
- Combine the cooled sweet potatoes with the lettuce and dressing. Toss to combine and serve.
Tips + Tricks: Butter lettuce is my favorite. The texture is soft and the lettuce has flavor. However, if you can't find butter lettuce, look for another head of lettuce in the store.
Stock up on the Pantry Ingredients: Hazelnuts, Sweet potatoes, Lettuce
Nutrition: See the information.