This really isn’t a recipe but more of a “clean out your fridge” type salad. I often end up with halves of sweet potatoes and butternut squash roaming around my fridge and a roasted vegetable salad is the perfect way to use up all of those ingredients.
This salad can be used for whatever leftover grain you need to use up too. So you see, less a recipe, more an idea. I also love roasted veggie salads with a side of hummus- you can’t go wrong!
- 3-4 cups of assorted brussels sprouts, carrots, butternut squash, and sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup cooked millet, cooled
- 2-3 handfuls spinach or Kale
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Hummus to serve
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Cut veggies into 1/4"-1/2" size pieces. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast for 25-35 minutes until all are tender and browning. Remove from oven.
- In a large bowl combine millet, spinach, and roasted veggies. Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad and toss well.
- Serve with a side of hummus if desired.