Before I get to the delicious food, I must tell you I’ve fallen in love. My dog has only been with me for a little over a week but I really couldn’t have asked for a better companion. I never knew how awesome it would be to have a partner to go for 4 mile walks in the morning or have a nap time partner that is always willing to cuddle.
Radar has adjusted amazingly well to our house, almost as if he has lived here all his life.
Best of all, I love the way he sits at the edge of the kitchen keeping me company as I cook. I guess I don’t feel so much like a nut anymore because I’ve stopped talking to myself and have now started talking to the dog. Well, I’m sure I’m still a nut but at least I’m talking to something that can listen…
Friday night was one of those nights when I had no plan for dinner, a glass of wine in my hand, dog at my feet, and a great feeling of happiness. Life can’t really get any better than this. This tostada was the outcome of all of that and yeah, it was delicious.
This dish is simple and can be prepared in so many different ways that the possibilities are endless. Sometimes not having a plan can be a good thing, especially if it ends up being a dish as delicious as this.
For a great pairing, try the cilantro lime corn! (also featured in this photo)
Roasted veg and black bean tostada
- 4 none corn tortillas
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup green peppers
- 2 tablespoon (or less) of a hot pepper- your choice
- 1 cup white onion
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 cup black beans
- Lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, sour cream, or avocado
- Preheat oven to 425˚. Toss tomatoes, peppers, and onions with the olive oil. Place on a baking tray (I also use foil to keep from sticking) and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and toss with black beans and cilantro Reduce oven temperature to 375˚.
- Brush tortillas with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic powder. Spoon mixture evenly over tortillas and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes until tortilla is toasted and cheese has melted. Remove from oven and cover with the toppings of your choice.