Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 1/2 small yellow Onion, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 cup Black beans
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija Cheese
- Extra Lime Juice
- Salsa, for serving
- Sliced Avocado, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F. Toss cubed sweet potatoes, onions, and olive oil with the spices. Spread in a single layer in a baking dish. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
- In a bowl, combine black beans, lime juice, and cilantro. Mash together and set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are about done, brush both sides of the tortillas with olive oil. Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat. Add tortillas and cook until starting to brown on one side. Flip, divide mashed beans between the two tortillas, and crack 1 egg over the beans. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let cook until the egg whites are set (see note).
- To serve, plate 1 tortilla with 1/2 the sweet potato mixture and sprinkle with cheese, salsa, and avocado. Serve with extra lime juice if desired.
Occasionally I prefer over-medium or even over-hard eggs. To do this, once the egg whites are beginning to set, carefully flip the tortilla over and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Move tortilla to the plate and fill in with any beans that might have fallen out during the flip.