Posted by https://naturallyella.com/roasted-sweet-potato-and-black-bean-salad/
© 2016 Naturally Ella. All rights reserved.
Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad
The perfect picnic salad, this black bean salad is vegan and gluten-free made with roasted sweet potatoes, fresh cilantro, and an easy spiced dressing.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Peel sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch cubes and place on a sheet tray. Chop onion into 1/4 inch pieces and add to the tray. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on top and add 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Toss until sweet potatoes are well coated. Spread into a single layer and roast until sweet potatoes are tender and starting to brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, combine remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a jar with the lime juice, 1 teaspoon lime zest, minced garlic, and chili powder. Shake well.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, transfer to a bowl. Add in the black beans, pepitas, and cilantro. Drizzle with the dressing and toss until salad is combined. This is best done with the sweet potatoes are still warm.
Tips & Tricks:
Double the recipe to use in meals throughout the week.
Stock up: get the pantry ingredients you will need: Sweet Potatoes, Pepitas, Cilantro
Loading nutrition data...