Posted by https://naturallyella.com/roasted-pumpkin-and-pecan-pancakes/
© 2012 Naturally Ella. All rights reserved.
Roasted Pumpkin and Pecan Pancakes
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pie pumpkin (or 1/2 cup pumpkin puree)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- Remove top of pumpkin. Quarter pumpkin and remove seeds, set aside. Scrape out remaining small seeds and the stings. Place each quarter face down in a baking dish and roast for 30-40 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Once pumpkins are done, scoop out the insides and place in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is smooth. Next, place in either a cheese cloth or strainer and press out all of the liquid. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse pecans until they resembled course flour. Combine with whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and egg. Whisk in oil, maple syrup, and 1/2 cup of milk.
- Combine wet mixture in to dry mixture and stir until batter is combined. Stir in more milk if consistency is not pourable.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot (if you flick water onto the skillet, it should sizzle), take about ¼ cup of batter and pour onto skillet. Let cook for 1-2 minutes (until the pancakes begins to bubble slightly. Flip and let cook for another 1-2 minutes until pancake is cooked through.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon
If pressed for time, cook pumpkin up a day or two before.
Loading nutrition data...