- 4 medium beets, a mix of red and gold
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Cut beets into 1/4″ slices and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil (toss gold separate from red if you do not want the color to bleed). Spread out in a single layer on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Once beets are close to being tender, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in an 8″ cast iron skillet over medium. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and blue cheese. Pour into hot skillet and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Take beets and layer in the eggs as they cook. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until bottom begins to set.
- Transfer skillet to oven, still at 400˚, and continue to cook until set, 8-12 minutes.
- Serve with extra blue cheese if desired.