A perfect fall party treat, ricotta is whipped with pumpkin puree and topped with a simple arugula pepita salad.
- 1 small baguette, cut into 12, 1/2” rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, end sliced off
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Red Chili Flakes, for serving
- Heat oven to 425˚F. Place the pieces of sliced baguette on a sheet pan and brush with olive oil. Bake until lightly toasted, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and rub each piece with the cut side of the garlic.
- While the bread is baking, combine the ricotta with the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Whip until mostly smooth. Alternatively, if the ricotta is a bit gritty, whip in a blender.
- Place the arugula and pepitas in a bowl. In a small jar, combine ingredients for dressing and shake until combined. Pour over the arugula and toss until the leaves are coated.
- Assemble the crostini by spreading the ricotta mixture on each piece of crostini. Top each with a bit of salad and finish with a sprinkle of chili flakes.