I feel like I should just start this post by saying the obvious: I love potatoes. Baked, roasted, mashed- you name, I like it.
I think, however, this ranks as one of my all time favorite potatoes. In essence combining two of my favorite things together: cheese and potatoes. You can’t go wrong with cheese and potatoes.
Add a little more cheese on top (I used dill Havarti) and you have one fine cheesy potato dish. I think I am drooling a little from even thinking about the potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cup baby dutch yellow potatoes
- 1/4 cup mascapone cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup dill havarti
- pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Brush the tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of 7 3/4 x 11 inch dish (a 9x9 dish would also work well) Quarter potatoes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, salt, pepper, green onions, flour, and mascapone cheese until smooth. Pour 1/4 of the milk mixture in the bottom of the pan. Layer potatoes on top and pour remaining milk mixture over potatoes. Cover with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20-25 until milk mixture is set and bubbly. Sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven for another five minutes until cheese is melted and baked into dish.
- *If you don't like the flavor of dill, feel free to experiment with your favorite cheeses. I also have thought about using a plain Havarti or Gouda cheese.